View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 03:27 AM
ThePsychicSaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if we shouldn't scrap the trading during the first three years.

The appeal of the league is to inherit a team in the future, right? Somehow, the idea that we get to do a pretty significant overhaul ahead of the "start" seems counter to that basic premise.

I think that our interactions with our teams should be limited to resigning free agents--and that's just because the CPU is quite dumb. That would leave a very nice class of free agents at the start of the 2015 season, which should mitigate the urge to do first window trades. (I feel less strongly about ruling out free agency than trades, though).

Trading between now and 2015 seems both counter-productive (what are you trying to accomplish, exactly? You don't really want to win in those intervening years; if anything, you want to lose). If we make it hands off (except for resigning) until 2015, it will remove any effort to "tank" in between as well.

It will also take significantly less time to start the season if we don't have to take breaks for trading, free agency, etc.

Obviously, I'll go with the majority on this. It just seems the better way to go.
i think this post deserves more scrutiny.

going with this mentality for this league will really set it apart from the others, and I agree completely, considering what the general idea of this league is trying to accomplish.

ThePsychicSaw is offline   Reply With Quote