Thread: Speculation: 2013 Offseason
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 05:53 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
I wish he was right handed but I have to be honest having tuned in to a few KHL games during this thing, I really like Martin Škoula, big physical stay at home guy that can pk. I don't know his contract in the KHL and he might be there by choice but he has impressed me a couple times watching Lev. I admit I should probably look it up, just was thinking about it the last time I saw them play and I guess being a little lazy.

In any event Miller, White and Cleary are gone for me.

I wonder what the NHL will do about some of these older guys deciding to retire because of a full year off, maybe the penalty won't apply and we wiggle away from Bert. A full year off is not going to pretty for some of these vets. Bert is going to have trouble getting a contract to even once they call this thing, it was an issue the last time for him and he is due in a court at some point if they are locked out right?

Really don't see the point in cutting bait with the RFA guys we have, Smith and Nyquist are of course keep situations. I am curious to see what both get salary wise. But even Kindl and especially Mursak of the lesser name guys are both players I want to see after this lockout and have not fully given up on.

Howard, Filppula and Edler are the priorities, but I don't think you can get all three once they set the cap numbers. We will see. If push comes to shove and I like Jimmy I just wonder the Wings have had a history of keeping the goalie position cheap at times, wouldn't surprise me if he is the numbers crunch if they believe in Monster and Mrazek continues setting the world on fire.

Streit and Whitney should be out there as well, but once again not a great D year.

The Wings are going to need to do some trading, the logjam of prospects is becoming a problem.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote