Thread: Speculation: 2013 Offseason
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 07:36 AM
joe89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Howard, Filppula and Edler are the priorities, but I don't think you can get all three once they set the cap numbers. We will see. If push comes to shove and I like Jimmy I just wonder the Wings have had a history of keeping the goalie position cheap at times, wouldn't surprise me if he is the numbers crunch if they believe in Monster and Mrazek continues setting the world on fire.
I differ with you on this one. I'd keep Howard over Fil in a numbers game. Let's say that Fil at 4.75M, Howard at 3.75M are reasonable, Detroit-ish, numbers. I have no problem with Howard getting that, albeit only on a three-year deal. He's a safety net. Fil's importance on the other hand can be discussed. Will he progress further offensively? How good would he carry his own line as center if Pavel is gone? If he's seen as a winger going forward, the answer would be even easier. We have Nyquist, Tatar and Jarnkrok coming. No guarantees, but I like the chances of at least one of them filling that hole much better than any goalie filling Howard's.

I don't think we can toss Edler into the mix of those two. We have the inside track to sign Fil & Howard, Edler would be a free agency race.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote