View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 07:54 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I differ with you on this one. I'd keep Howard over Fil in a numbers game. Let's say that Fil at 4.75M, Howard at 3.75M are reasonable, Detroit-ish, numbers. I have no problem with Howard getting that, albeit only on a three-year deal. He's a safety net. Fil's importance on the other hand can be discussed. Will he progress further offensively? How good would he carry his own line as center if Pavel is gone? If he's seen as a winger going forward, the answer would be even easier. We have Nyquist, Tatar and Jarnkrok coming. No guarantees, but I like the chances of at least one of them filling that hole much better than any goalie filling Howard's.

I don't think we can toss Edler into the mix of those two. We have the inside track to sign Fil & Howard, Edler would be a free agency race.
Actually put them in the order I would do this. As much as I like Edler, I hope they resign the Wings guys first, especially if they both want reasonable deals. I agree with your logic though I can be talked either way on Edler and Filppula, would love to somehow work out all three guys. Don't know if that is possible a lot of that depends on the CBA and how that impacts the market. I was just wondering if the Wings might go the cheap goalie route again if pushed.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote