View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Every hard line owner, especially those who spent large amounts of money with the intention of rolling it back

The players are being incredibly stubborn and seem to be willing to blow up this season instead of conceding the owners demands, but that doesn't exactly make the owners demands more reasonable. I think the owners scorched earth method of "negotiating", and the hurried signing of a bunch of players to large contracts with the intention of recouping some of that cost through a new CBA, has been a real roadblock in any kind of effective negotiating, or at the very least, has made it much more unlikely that the players would just cave on several issues.

I also blame Bettman and the owners for the financial state of the game and for not actually addressing the economic problems of the league and instead just going after the players
I agree with most of this.

But if you're so worried that the owners are going to brow-beat the players into a deal, maybe this "players = children" metaphor has more legs than I thought.