View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 09:05 AM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
At this rate, we'll be seeing Bjugstad, Huberdeau, Gudbranson, Markstrom, etc. all playing in the AHL next season.
Based on the interview with Santos recently, I think Markstrom may have played in the AHL another yr regardless of the lockout situation. Here's the quote I'm referring to:
Quote:
Because of the lockout, Santos isnít allowed to talk about the players on the Panthers, but is allowed to discuss their AHL affiliate in San Antonio where heís the GM. Heís not concerned with goalie Jacob Markstromís poor start (2-5, 3.61 GAA).

ďItís the AHL; itís a good league,íí Santos said. ďI went through this with Pekka Rinne in Nashville where we thought he was ready in Year 4 and it took til Year 5. Goalies develop a little bit later and he needs that time in net. Iím not worried about it. Weíre going to be patient, heís only 22 years old. Most of these goalies donít really hit their stride until their mid- to late 20s.'
Not sure if anyone read it but here's that interview: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,3682799.story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
And Knight?

-ghoste
Most likely yeah, Knight and possibly Megan (who's a senior at BC). And there's spots to be had there because after this yr, the guys in San Antonio that are unrestricted free agents include: Jacques, Deveaux, Yonkman, Rallo, DeSantis, DGM, and Strachan. Based on that list, I kinda wonder if the Rampage need to find a way to add a couple of defenders by next yr. The possibility of losing 3 (and 1 in Strachan wasnt even suppose to be there) while only adding Guds means they need a couple of guys. Maybe Racine may be able to play for the Rampage next season too but not sure about that.