View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Gord
Go Esks!

vCash: 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
When anyone says the word "equally to blame", I tend to mean they have no idea what they're talking about or no balls to call one side out or the other.

Nothing is ever equal.
does it have to be black or white? ok. maybe it's 47% to 53% I don't know.
Why would it take balls to say it's almost all Katz fault, or all the citys fault? or woulkd you prefer people just take a side and blindly blame the other?

but when each sides seems to make missteps and also just tries to use the media against each other instead of working with each other, it makes one wonder.

Katz group seems to have made some questionable comments and demands, but are you going to tell me that the city has done nothing but work hard to put together a deal that is fair for the Oilers, the city, and the taxpayers? that seems naive, to say the least.

I personally think Katz keeps changing the parameters of what he is asking for and is trying to bend the city over. I also think the city pisses away so much money that they could easily find savings to help fund the arena. (there is no reason why our taxes and utitlities should go up 5% every year other than the city spending money poorly.)

it's not being stupid or having no balls to be frustrated at both sides inability to work together towards a shared goal.