View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
I'll start off arguing that because we know, for a fact, that defensemen take longer to develop than forwards the games played cut off for prospect defensemen should be higher than a forwards cut off. Goalies take even longer to develop than any other roster player so their games played cut off to be defined as a prospect should be higher than everyone else's (for example, how many people consider Cory Schneider a prospect - I do). Imo, Gardiner is still a prospect whereas a guy like Karl Alzner eclipsed prospect status with a 2nd complete NHL season in 2011/12
Does development = prospect to you? Because lots of young defenders are still developing but not prospects in my opinion and I'd wager a lot of other people's. Pietrangelo just played his 2nd full season, but would you have called him a prospect going into last season?

Is OEL still a prospect not having completed two full seasons yet? I would have labeled him one going into last season and would say he graduated mid-way through the season.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote