View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 10:44 AM
crazycanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Connauton sounds a lot like Cody Franson except worse and Franson sucks. He's got a shot, he's soft, he plays weak. Not excited about this guy being an NHL player.

Overall our prospects are pretty terrible, Gaunce is the only one that really excites me. Tanev needs a lot of work, he cant handle size or physical players/the front of the net, and he cant even shoot at a peewee level.

Mike Gillis promised prospects and failed terribly so far. Its a sad group. Just being honest.
Gaunce, Corrado, Kassian, Jensen are all prospects that Canucks fans should be excited about.

Gaunce has NHL size already, and looks to be a sure fire NHLer, but that could just be a bottom 6 grinder.

Corrado has an outside shot at making the World Jr team this year. With the tournament being in Russia and on big ice, his skating ability could give him an edge of bigger defensemen. He's got 2nd pairing defenseman potential.

Kassian has hands and playmaking skills to go along with his size and grit, people compared him a lot to Lucic when the Canucks acquired him but I see him more as a Bertuzzi type player.

Jensen is a finisher, at 19 he's leading his SEL team in goals. I think he's gonna have a few 30 goal seasons in the NHL when his career is done.

After that it is a big drop off though.