View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 10:47 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Prime Morrow was a near point-per game player playing with exceptional talents like Richards, Morrow, and Modano. Although he wasn't the most talented, he was still integral to the overall productivity of the line. That's what Hall is to me. A 75-point player in his prime, I just feel his prime will be longer than the 2-3 seasons Morrow's was. Making him ultimately a more valuable asset.

I don't think it's unfair to say Seguin is the better player at this point.
Morrow never reached 75 pts and he only reached over 50 pts 3 times 74, 65 and 56. He has never been close to a PPG player.
Also, it's a weird comparison since the two are nothing alike.
Morrow was a glorified grinder who used his physicality to intimidate the opposition, he was never much of a skilled guy. Hall has more skill in his pinky finger than Morrow has in his entire body.
I would agree that Hall has average hockey sense and in fact, it's probably below average compared to other top tier talents but he will definitely be a bigger point producer than somebody like Morrow due to his superior offensive skillset.

I do think it's very possible that Seguin will be the better overall player going forward but i would take Hall on my team ten times out of ten.
He's the perfect fit for the team that is being built here.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote