View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 11:55 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPabloRamirez View Post
You totally forgot our famous orange team.
Dano and Mikus are safe, Vasko and Dolnik probably too. Reway - there are three reasons why not: still recovering from concussion, "too young" for Slovak U20 team according strange slovak criterias, he was sent home before U18 MIH 2012 for disciplinary reasons. Paulovic, Koys and Salka - no chance to make team, I am not sure about Lunter. Kristof is the best scorer of U20 SM-liiga, he was injured during last international break and Bokros didn´t see him in action. Bezuch has some chances. Mraz - don´t know if you mean Bruno or Richard, Richard left last league game with shoulder injury, both have chances to play in Ufa. Nemcek is the biggest mystery of slovak junior hockey. One of the our best prospects, playing in senior extraliga for second season, but his chances to make a team are minimal - he is simply on ignore list.
Gernat is injured and Duben ignored. Cehlarik will be probably not invited - "too young rule".
I think you´re wrong about the Reway thing, Bokroš has always mentioned him between the NA guys he was considering for WJC and AFAIK Bokroš doesn´t seem to have such a problem with younger players playing at the WJC (he already took quite a few underagers both to the WJC and U18 WC last year), the too young to play rule was more of a Mikeš´ thing I think. Also the argument with being thrown out of the U18 team, there was no trouble between Bokroš and Reway when he played under him during he U18 WC, so I think they can make it through the WJC as well. The injury thing might be the biggest trouble, but otherwise while I´m not saying that he will 100% make the team the chances that he gets an invitation are really high especially with Tvrdoň´s injury.

As for the comparions with the Czechs, wings5, I really hate that one as it makes no sense as despite common history they both have always been somewhere different since independence in depth (>30 000 junior players vs 6000 junior players) as well as the conditions that Czech and Slovak teams have. You must remember that even if the Czechs might be in trouble their conditions even then still are better than ours.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote