View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 11:13 AM
4evaBlue
Corsi != Possession

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Nice touch with the disclaimer, can I borrow it?
Ha. Figured I may as well try to protect myself in case some people have a hard time telling the difference between opinions and facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Offensively Kessel and Lupul match up just fine. But for overall impact on the game if they're the two best forwards on the team we're in trouble.

Bottom line is this team desperately needs a # 1 center.

As much I like what Lupul did this past season tying up big money in him long term has the potential to be a very bad move for the team cause it could take away from cap space that could be applied towards center, D and goaltending.
Sure, a #1C would help, but having a coach who will do his best to keep the line away from the Charas of the league, and will not engage in best line vs best line pond hockey should help their defensive and offensive game a lot.

Having some secondary scoring, who can keep some of the pressure off the Kessel line on a regular basis could further increase the line's effectiveness. Hopefully the development of Kadri, and the acquisition of JVR can provide that.

Disclaimer: This post is purely speculation, and makes no attempt to prove any claims.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote