Thread: Blue Jays Discussion: Offseason Madness the 8th: Josh Johnson Edition.
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Leafsforlife98

vCash: 500
I know that guys have already talked about it but AA says he has the assets to pull off another blockbuster. I personally think RA Dickey will be the opening day starter for the Blue Jays. Hear me out.

The Blue Jays and the Mets have been spending a lot of time talking together (some of it was about the history with Jose Reyes) but something has to be brewing between the 2 clubs. They are perfect trading partners, us needing a front line pitcher and the Mets needing a catcher for the future. Dickey probably has about 2 or 3 years of dominance left in him (Hopefully), and since we are obviously going for it for the next couple of years, having him at the front of the staff would be an excellent thing. It would also gives us 3 potential /1 pitchers for the playoffs which is priceless. Most of our contracts with our players are done within 3 years, so he would fit right in with the group. Also picking up Dickey would allow Sanchez and Snydergaard to develop into the great pitchers they should become and When they come up in 2-3 years, they should be mature enough to just slide right into the rotation with little setbacks. There are too many positives for both teams to not make something work.

There are a couple of trades I could see working between the 2 clubs.

================================================== =============

To Toronto- RA Dickey SP

To New York Mets- JP Arencibia and Daniel Norris SP

To Toronto- RA Dickey SP and Ike Davis 1B

To New York Mets- JP Arencibia C, Adam Lind 1B and Anthony Gose OF

To Toronto- RA Dickey SP and Ike Davis 1B

To New York Mets- Travis d`Arnaud C, Adam Lind 1B and Daniel Norris SP.

Personally I think there is a trade in there that works for both teams and can give each team what they need.

The rotation would be pretty awesome come next year! and we would have a 3 headed monster in the playoffs.

RA Dickey
Josh Johnson
Brandon Morrow
Mark Buehrle
Ricky Romero

Swingman- JA Happ