View Single Post
Old
12-09-2003, 02:08 PM
NWT Habs Fan

vCash: 500
Begin is being groomed for JJ's job, which should open up at the end of this season when JJ's contract is up. In the meantime, Begin will do a great job on the 4th line stirring things up and filling in on the 3rd when JJ is hurt. The other really impressive thing about Begin is what he brings out in his linemates...how about the recent physical play of Sundstrom...wow.

As for Dags, he is a stop gap for now IMO. He is a good filler, but I not convinced that he is anywhere near an 82 game NHL top 6 guy. Audette's longevity with the Habs is really in question as the team really has flourished much better off without him. He isn't the least bit marketable, and he hasn't put up the early numbers that warrant his immediate re-instatement into a top 6 spot. Will the inbalance in the play of the two of them offset the economics of sending a $3M guy either to the press box or to Steeltown in favour of a much cheaper two-way option? I guess we will wait and see what BG and CJ decide...but I would go with the hot hand...it's results that count at this point in the season.