View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
This is ridiculous to me. All that stuff was always against the rules. It has nothing to do with being a "warrior's sport".

How much contact was Jere Lehtinen involved in each game? How much contact is Loui Eriksson involved in each game? How many rules do they break? How are they not warriors?

I wholeheartedly agree with the larger point that the current rules are too many in number and too complex in nature -- but not for the reasons you listed. You even cite the 2 line pass as an example of a simpler time... which is totally backwards. That's one area where they have successfully rationalized the game. They can go further by eliminating the goalie trapezoid which has negligible impact on the game while substantially increasing confusion amongst new fans. Eventually they need to make the full switch to no-touch icing as well. Puck goes over the end line? Icing. Simple. And you missed perhaps the most obvious streamlined rule that's been changed from the "glory" days... perhaps you remember it... something about a foot in the crease...
Lehtinen and Louie adapted, they didn't complain.

Nowhere in there did I say taking away two-line passing was bad. It's certainly helped with more concussions in this new 'open game' we have now.

Foot in the crease? Who cares? It's hockey. Don't like that guy standing there? Knock his ass out of the crease.