View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 01:26 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
There's a word for a story that isn't true, but sounds like it ought to be true. I'll think of it 5 minutes after I type this I'm sure.

The original gave a very specific story - that a Jets governor (not Chipman) spoke up at a BOG meeting, and was told by Jacobs that they'd tell him when he could speak. Chipman denies this story.

Well enough. I believe Chipman when he says this incident didn't happen.

But from everything I know about the NHL owners, something like it has almost certainly happened. I'm sure the message has been passed down to Chipman and Co that they should just consider themselves lucky to be here at this point, and that new owners need to prove themselves. The league gives a lot of respect to the opinions of long-time owners, like Jacobs.
I agree

At the end of the day whether it’s on the PA side, the NHL owners side, or most any group negotiation you are always going to have camps of power and influence within teams or at least that has been my experience. When I was much younger I was involved in 2 different union groups and behind closed doors during the meetings it was the same thing……there are always going to be the Alpha’s in every situation.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote