View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Who cares about a lesser team? A more indicative index would be to look at who he's playing with and what situations he's being put in.

Hall has
a) more offensively dynamic linemates (RNH/Eberle > Bergeron/Marchand)
b) more PP minutes (2:27 for Seguin, 3:03 for Hall)
c) worse QualComp to deal with (0.03 for Hall, 0.057 for Seguin = 140 forwards separate Hall and Seguin in terms of the competition level of the opposition they faced at even strength)
d) more TOI in general (18:13 for Hall vs 16:56 for Seguin)

He's actually being given more opportunity to thrive offensively and produce - which he has to his credit. I think NHL fans are cognizant of this, but the gap that should exist between Hall and Seguin in terms of offensive production given the opportunities that Hall sees just isn't there.
a) Bergeron is > RNH at this point because he helps his team retain the puck more. Eberle is more dangerous than Marchand.
b) I'll give you PP minutes but the Oilers PP was top of the league for a good chunk of the season, so why wouldn't you go with what works? Boston's PP wasn't so hot
c) Does QualComp take into account the quality of team mates on the ice? The Oilers have essentially had Tom Gilbert and a lame Ryan Whitney (when he played) to move the puck out of the D Zone.
d) no argument here, Bruins could afford to keep Seguin off the ice more because their team was that much better than the Oilers.

One of my best friends is a lifelong B's fan, so I watch as much as I can. Seguin more often than not just seemed to be a support type player. He has taken over the game on occasion (like that big win against the TBL). I'm not discounting the fact he's a great player but people seem to think he's the phenom that we missed out on, fact is he's being out produced by Hall.

Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote