View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Krut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatman View Post
Outside of HFOil, most people might see Hall play once a year, they judge only by stats (since they usually will only have experience viewing one player in a discussion), and they forget what happened previous to the most recent season. With that in mind, it isnt much of a surprise that Sequin is HFboard's clear favorite (after Hall was the runaway favorite last year...)

Seguin might be the better player, but it's far from established. Judging by the impact Hall has for the Oilers, I doubt it.

Im shocked at how many people cant get off Sequin's pole after one decent season...
I can't believe it either.

I don't know why, but it seems that everyone loves to hate Hall, even Oiler fans. Maybe it's because he doesn't have the highlight reel "sick dangles," or something like that, maybe it's the fact that most people on HF are eastern based so they don't get to watch him very often, or maybe it's something else, but I just don't get it.

As someone who has watched a ton of both Hall and Seguin, I honestly can't understand how anyone can come to the conclusion that Seguin is better. Seguin has the better aesthetic skills like stick handling and such, but Hall makes a much, much bigger impact on the game than Seguin ever will, and he does it every game he plays. Hall will never be invisible, Seguin will.

Krut is offline   Reply With Quote