View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 02:15 PM
colchar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Each state is different. There's a reason MA has the lovely nickname of Taxachusetts.

I was responding to the comment that not paying the tax on the rings is par for the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
If true about jacobs.How is it he can threaten the owner of the jets.Is not part of the thompson family.Worth over 20 billion dollars imagine their connections in the business and political world.
If it happened Thompson wasn't in the room himself, someone else from the organization was. The Thompsons are the richest in Canada and 17th richest in the world. They could buy everything Jacobs owns and still have billions of dollars in the bank so are unlikely to be intimidated by him nor would they allow someone like Jacobs to speak to them in that manner. As much of a jerk as Jacobs is, I doubt even he would have spoken that way (assuming he did) to Thompson himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
They can disagree all they want.

If I'm Boston or Montreal or Toronto, I'm telling them to sit down and wait your turn. Being in the league for one whopping year does not entitle you to walk into a CBA meeting and dictate the discussion.

They were voicing an opinion/position as equal partners with the other teams and weren't trying to dictate anything.

colchar is online now   Reply With Quote