View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Bleedred
BEAT LA!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
This makes a lot of sense. I got to watch the Trainwreck of multiple coaches in Hershey at the beginning of the year and Oates does not seem like he will be a good head coach. Hershey's powerplay was horrendous and they did give up a few shorthanded goals to echo what you said. His systems didn't fit well with the Bears personnel so hopefully it translates better with the Caps. Hershey fans were at one point screaming at Oates saying things such as, "Your going to get fired before you even coach an NHL game", "Oates your systems suck", etc. I thought that skipping over John Cooper who has success at every level (Led Norfolk to a 25? game winning streak last year and won the Calder Cup) was a mistake and that Oates was brought in because he is an ex Cap
Yeah I've noticed Hershey struggling a little just watching the standings(Not as bad as Albany team though) This could mean nothing, and I did have that in my mind looking at the Bears record, but I wasn't gonna bring it up. Is he their head coach right now? Or co head coach or something they were calling him?

The Devils have had a historically bad PP for years now, but Oates in his two years didn't make it better. Our PP was so bad in the SCF we had almost a full 5 on 3 one game, and a 4 minute double minor right after where nothing was happening. Someone took a penalty to wash it out, and I had never been so happy to see a PP end, because it was embarrassing. The only PP goal we could muster up in the SCF was when Quick was out of the net, and Parise beat him back. With how bad our PK was in almost every series minus the Flyers, our PP was really bad the last two rounds.

A lot of Devils fans joked that Oates showed the video of our PP goal from Kovalchuk against the Rangers in game 6 where virtually everyone on the team touched the puck before the goal was scored, and that alone got him hired. I'm not hoping the Caps fail with him at all just saying I don't trust him.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote