View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
JSavoire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
So true. I have also heard from players past and present that George has no communication skills whatsoever. They don't know why they're sitting. If you don't have the confidence in playing them, I'm sure they would rather be playing tier 2.
Good points and it's true, if you don't have the confidence to put the young guys out against the worst team in the entire league and can't find more than 2-3 minutes of ice a game for them then Tier II would've the best route. At least getting dressed and playing every single night would've been developmentally the wisest thing to do. Then if you're in need of a body when you get below 3 lines you call up someone and they play more than 2 minutes. Win-win situation and the called up players would actually be game ready since you can't call any young player game ready unless they're logging minutes. Progression and development don't take place in the stands or on the bench watching the others play while you sit. I wonder who makes that decision in the end, Coaches or players/parents?