View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
At this point, assuming they use the same system that they used in the previous lockout, I would honestly prefer not having a season. Sacrificing one season for a potentially great player to add to the organization is a trade I'm willing to make.
Not me. If the season is played, the Blues have to be considered one of the top 4-6 clubs favored to win the Cup. I'd rather seem them take a legitimate shot at a championship, since this should be one of their best opportunities in franchise history to capture it's first Cup. We've seen how difficult it is to become a legitimate contender...and with injuries, contract situations, league-shutdowns , and a host of other factors involved there's no guarantee that a team's window of opportunity is going to be open for more than a couple of years at a time. Just look at teams like Chicago, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Edmonton, Ottawa & Anaheim...teams that were in the Finals in recent seasons and almost immediately fell back to the pack. We'd all like to think that the Blues future is bright...but all it takes is one other dominant team to come along (like the Wings of the 90's) and you're forever stuck trying to get over the hill.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote