Thread: News Article: Jacobs shuts up Jets mgmt rep
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I'm not saying I don't agree...but let's look at the other side of the coin here. Lets say it did happen(and even if it did...who cares.) what was Chipman supposed say? Any of those other statements are practically a statement of guilt. My question is, why do it take so long for Chipman to actually make a statement? Why hasn't Jacobs made one?(he may have...I just haven't heard it yet)

I think that to a certain degree, Chipman was instructed on what to say, and Jacobs was muzzled to a certain degree, to keep up an appearance of unity.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen, and it really just makes Jacobs look like a dick. Obviously people aren't going to agree. We know this. This isn't a mystery.

I just find it very fishy the way that this was handled. You have to know that both Chipman and Jacobs and Bettman have received calls about this...and it's only now that the "truth" comes out.
Chipman made the statement the same day the story came up on here. My question is: why did he make a statement so quickly? Clearly it's evidence of Bettman and Jacobs telling whipping-boy NHL n00b Mark Chipman to quash the story ASAP! Here's a story: Thomson has to wash Jacobs' car every Saturday as punishment for speaking out of turn!

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote