View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Just in case you forgot, I'll repeat what YOU said : based on the simple fact they are the owners.

so, your boss owns the company you work for, and based on the simple fact he's the owner, he has every right to cut your salary... right ?

as for the 50% thingie, dont worry, your boss will hire a competent enough accountant to make the numbers work, he'll show you that by cutting your salary you both will be at 50/50
No I never said an owner can cut the salaries just because he feels like it. I said it based on the 50-50 revenue. I didn't think I actually had to explain this to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiher View Post
And really this is what is going to happen, the players have agreed to go to 50%, but just like if you and your boss signed a contract that said you would make $50k a year for 4 years, and then all of a sudden and quite literally the NEXT day your boss said, well we're cutting our employees share to 50% so that means that contract you signed and we agreed on is now going to be $46.5k a year. I'm quite sure you could take that to court, and why wouldn't you? Further more, you would argue that you should be paid the $50k a year until your contract is up and at that point a new contract be negotiated.
Actually it's not like that at all. The CBA came to an end. When that happens, all contracts are void until the signing of a new one. Players are getting zero dollars other than signing bonuses.

Salary reduction is not uncommon btw.

Last edited by Kriss E: 11-30-2012 at 03:29 PM.