View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 04:16 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Wasn't directed at me, but I don't know that anyone can pinpoint why Rodin isn't succeeding. He looks like he should be putting up points and making things happen but he just isn't. He certainly doesn't shoot enough, that's for sure *22 shots in 14 games with 7 of those coming in 1 game. He's basically averaging 1 shot per game outside of that one fluke game. What's hurting him further is that he's not particularly good defensively so far. Pretty inconsistent game-to-game too.

There's been quite a few Swedes recently that have had trouble adjusting though. Zibanejad looks less than impressive for where he was picked and MPS has been extremely disappointing too. Silfverberg hasn't exactly lit it up either so far.
He definitely doesn't shoot the puck enough for sure, but I also suspect he isn't getting to the right areas enough either. I can't really recall for certain but to me it doesn't seem like he's always getting chances to score and then fanning on or just not burying them.

There's been 3 separate occasions where he should have had a goal, really - the 1st was waived off due to Desbien's silly goalie interuption but he was making a beeline to the goal; the 2nd he could've jammed into an open net if he'd just charged in and whacked away, and the 3rd one that actually did register on the scoresheet was him backhanding a rebound in. Again, all 3 chances were right in front of the crease and I think he needs to get there more somehow, either with or without the puck.