View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 03:49 PM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Ok, your favorite team is the first one cut.

I'm not saying contraction is an all bad idea, but it isn't that simple. I think relocation is a much better strategy, but even then, you're taking hockey away from the passionate fans in an area. There may be a smaller number of die-hards in, say Phoenix than in Montreal, but the ones who are committed deserve a team just as much. They different in quantity, not passion.
May ? Really ? Is this the same way that if I jump from a boat in the middle of the ocean, I May get wet ?

No one denies that there are great passionate knowledgable fans in small markets. The problem is that there simply are NOT ENOUGH OF THEM. Instead of interpreting every mention of contraction as a personal affront, you would do far better to help promote the game in your small markets and stabilize your team.

I live in the middle of nowhere but I really like the blue man group. should they play in podunk auditorium if I'm the only one there ? but what if I really really like them ?

The fact is that the extent of individual fan passion means nothing to the owners, they would chose an area full of bandwagoners over a half empty arena full of hockey scholars.

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote