View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 04:00 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk Dangles View Post
Yeah but a offensive defenseman isn't what we need, even if he can play on the top pair.
Could be the deal is still too good for me especially with the pick thrown in. I hate to see Helm go but this is the kind of overpayment that makes it happen. Not a big White fan, but I do like Tatar quite a bit, he is a very good pickup for Winnipeg here. He deserves his shot in the NHL and is similar enough to Nyquist that is a good target on their part. You got to give to get, is Buff perfect? No, but his cap figure isn't terrible and he scores a lot of points and provides a really big body on the backend.

Since I find it unlikely anybody other than the OP would take this trade it isn't worth pretending we could somehow swing Quincey in instead of White. Technically he has more value but I would much rather ship him if we are getting into which d-man to send.

I just listed Buff as my least favorite player on Winnipeg over on the NHL talk thread to give you and idea of just how good I think this deal is for the Wings. I understand wanting more of a stay at home guy, but a top pairing guy for Helm, a boarderline top 4 d-man who will be a UFA and a very good prospect at our deepest position on the farm. I mean at some point you have to pull the trigger right? I think Holland does this.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote