View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
I understand what you're saying, but most of those teams you mentioned were not in the situation that the Blues are in right now. They were led by aging veterans(or in Chicago's case top of the cap limit superstars). The Blues are led by a 28 year old captain, and a 22 year old top 5 Dman. If my choices are no season and a top 5 pick, or a half season and a Cup, obviously I'll take the cup. However, if my choices are top 5 pick or half season with another 2nd round exit, I'll take the pick.
I'll take a 48 game (or whatever) season. I trust our team on the ice more than our chances on a lottery!

Plus, it would be important for the building of the team going forward; like whether Stewart has a future in St. Louis and whether to offer Lehterä a deal. No season puts us in a really awkward position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Interesting. I didn't realize it was/would be a snake draft.
I really never understood why it was a snake draft. It was like they wanted to pretend 1/60/61/120 is similar to picking 30/31/90/91. It should have been if you picked first in the first round, you picked last in every other round. Not that closes the gap, but it is at least slightly more fair.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote