View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 06:03 PM
jkrx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
Well, like I said he entered the NHL with Potvin already there. Bossy didn't come for two years. I think we saw enough of Trottier in those two years as a youngster to see he didn't need a whole lot of charity. He had a 95 point season. Then 123 in 1978 when Bossy is a rookie. I mean, I don't think we can give Bossy THAT much credit for that particular season. Bossy didn't even crack 100 points that year. There has to be some love to Trottier there.

I think what makes Trottier at least equal to Crosby at his best in my mind is the all around play. Really, Crosby is fine at this but Trottier excelled even better. His defense does trump Crosby's. His physicality too by a bit. Everyone talks about how well Trottier could hit. That has to count for something. And you have to remember, if we are penalizing Trottier for playing with greats, then what do we make of Malkin? See this is why I don't like this because we have enough footage to see how well a player is on his own without saying he needed linemates. I'll go on the record and say both players were too good to need charity. Those great players help, but it shouldn't take anything away from them.
I would say physically, Trottier is miles ahead of Crosby.

jkrx is offline   Reply With Quote