Thread: News Article: Jacobs shuts up Jets mgmt rep
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 06:55 PM
almostawake

vCash: 500
My two cents as some one that followed the Bruins very closely for many many years before the Jets returned to Winnipeg and I had to re-evaluate my life.

Haggerty is a troll. He's in it for the clicks.

Which is not to say that it would strike me as unusual for Jacobs to say something like what Haggs 'reported'. It's pretty well established that Jacobs is a jerk, even when compared to his fellow professional sports owners brethren. In this lock out what is really coming through is his sense of entitlement: to his place at the head of the table; to his influential relationship with Bettman.

But for me Mark Chipman is the only person that's weighed in on this matter that also has a shred of credibility in my eyes.

It's obviously in Chipman's best interest for this thing to go away, so ya, there's a chance he's lying. But at the same time, you can't be blind to the fact that it's in Haggs best interest to keep this thing going as long as possible. If he can draw it out another day and increase his clicks by 10% by standing behind his story, of course he will. And anyone that things I'm being overly cynical about Haggerty should take the time to look at the 'stories' he's pushed in the past and the tactics he's used to push them.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote