View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 07:06 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Why not have them go back to green with gold, white, and black accents. Their original Stars jerseys had a drab, bland green color with dull gold and black.

Go with that and put the Stars logo on it (not North Stars), streamline it with Reebok design, done.

So long as they never use the North Stars logo, I'm fine with it. It's their team, we have the Wild, whatever.
This. Very much this.

Don't get me wrong, I miss the North Stars. They're a part of our history. I still have North Stars jerseys that I sometimes wear to Wild games as a way of honoring the past....same goes for a St. Paul Saints jersey. That said, both teams are dead. Gone. More than enough time has passed that the only link Dallas has to the North Stars is mostly through paper trails and NHL records. If they want to use similar colors, fine. Although they'd be better off building their identity based around their current location as opposed to digging in the past to a time when the team wasn't even a thought in Dallas. But if they want to go that route, then go for it. I wouldn't mind at all.

The only thing I would not support is using the original North Star logo front and center. And I honestly can't see them using it, because it just doesn't fit in with their location or direction. Even if they wanted to go back to their roots, it wouldn't make sense to put a logo that large, representing the "North Star State", on the center of a jersey in Texas.