View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Kayen
Dubnykov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Funny that you mention Khaira needing to add strength. I don't disagree (especially having never seen him play) since most, if not all, 18 year olds do, but he tested near the top of every strength test at the combine. Of course, that doesn't mean he's at the level of the players he's going up against every night, but it's encouraging to know that he's already ahead of the curve when it comes to other players his age.

Thanks for the info Oilers Chick. Khaira is by far the most intriguing Oiler prospect to me because I know so little about him and the measurables seem like a good fit. The fact that he was so underscouted leading up to the draft always makes you hopefull that a gem may have slipped through the cracks.
If i recall properly, he was a midget just a few years back and had a huge growth spurt in the last year or two into the height he is at today - seems he hasn't caught up physically yet, but given several years in college hopefully that gives him the time to increase his strength to catch up with his size and benefit his overall game.