Thread: Prospect Info: CHL, NCAA & European Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 08:49 PM
That

vCash: 500
Boucher has a hattrick with a period left to go. Boucher has picked up 19 goals and 10 assists so far this season.

He's playing on the left/right wing (depending on which wing Gally plays on) of Galchenyuk and Sarault for most of the season and he's having on hell of a year. Boucher has slowly become one of my favourite players in the OHL. He's got it all. Hockey sense, defensive play, great hands, a bit of grit, and of course goal scoring. He hasn't exactly been the most consistent player. He also gets a boatload of chances every game, so it's not surprising the numbers that he's putting up. He could easily have 30 goals by now. I can't count how many times Galchenyuk or Sarault have set up him for easy goals and he's whiffed on them completely. I think a part of that has to do with the release of his shot. He's a rocket of a shot (wrist, snap, and slapper) but his release is slow and inconsistent.

With that said he's a threat to score almost every time he's on the ice and he's certainly not just a product of his line mates. He protects the puck extremely well, especially for his size, and has incredible instincts around the net. It's hard to believe Boucher was taken in the fourth round two years ago. Great player.

EDIT: Boucher picks up an assist on Alex Galchenyuk's goal. 4 point night with 4 minutes remaining in the third.

EDIT 2: Boucher gets another assist on Charlie Sarault's empty netter. 3 goals and 2 assist tonight. Best player on the ice tonight. He picked up first star honours too.

Last edited by That: 11-30-2012 at 09:21 PM.