View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 08:04 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I'm thinking that the Rangers acquired Zucker from Pheonix for defensive prospect Connor Murphy--and it just never made it into the official list.
Former Rangers GM here to explain the reasoning behind that... I was really tight last season in FA. The only player that I really wanted to bring in that was UFA was Zucker, I thought I was the only one that offered him a contract, so I just listed him on my roster prematurely. Calgary ended up actually signing him.

As for Bergfors, the GM before me signed him to that ridiculous long-term deal! I just really had him either stuffed in the minors or playing for injured players.

If I had one regret, it was trading Hagelin. I don't mind Brodziak, but prospect Jayden Hart won't amount to much in the time the league is around, so I would probably rather have Hagelin.

Sauer contract is a bit wild looking back, especially with so much defensive talent in the system... He is essentially a 3rd pairing defenseman who should be Top 4. Problem is, Del Zotto / Staal / McDonagh / Girardi are better.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote