View Single Post
11-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Mr Kanadensisk
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
French Canadiens are surrounded by English Canadian and American culture. Few French Canadians have never been the US or English Canada. Outside of language they share many of the same cultural traits as their Anglo American counter parts. The difference in Russian culture to North American is immense. I've lived in both the former Soviet Union and Montreal and there is no comparison to the adjustment. You simply have to look at how many Canadian players struggle with the adaptation to life in Russia during this and the last lockout. Many of them quickly realize it's easier to take less money in a place like Switzerland than deal with the culture shock. All credit to the Russian players who come here and make it look so easy.
For the most part I agree with you although again I have to point out that it is a much bigger adjustment for most immigrants to NA, who come from places other than Europe than it is for even Russians.

I'm sure the vast majority of the people on this planet would choose living and working in Switzerland over Russia if given the choice, no offense to Russia but it is really hard to compare the two countries in this respect.