View Single Post
Old
11-30-2012, 10:21 PM
hb11xchamps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Yeah I've noticed Hershey struggling a little just watching the standings(Not as bad as Albany team though) This could mean nothing, and I did have that in my mind looking at the Bears record, but I wasn't gonna bring it up. Is he their head coach right now? Or co head coach or something they were calling him?

The Devils have had a historically bad PP for years now, but Oates in his two years didn't make it better. Our PP was so bad in the SCF we had almost a full 5 on 3 one game, and a 4 minute double minor right after where nothing was happening. Someone took a penalty to wash it out, and I had never been so happy to see a PP end, because it was embarrassing. The only PP goal we could muster up in the SCF was when Quick was out of the net, and Parise beat him back. With how bad our PK was in almost every series minus the Flyers, our PP was really bad the last two rounds.

A lot of Devils fans joked that Oates showed the video of our PP goal from Kovalchuk against the Rangers in game 6 where virtually everyone on the team touched the puck before the goal was scored, and that alone got him hired. I'm not hoping the Caps fail with him at all just saying I don't trust him.
Yeah Oates was named co head coach of Hershey and Washington also sent down Calle Johansson to help coach as well and the team had a rotation going where Johansson and Troy Mann (Hershey Assistant) would rotate games for the defensive pairings and Oates and Mark French (Hershey's Coach) would both be on the bench and would rotate who did the forward lines. Needless to say it did not work out and the Bears fans, myself included, were not happy and voiced their opinion loudly. They went on about a 5 or 6 game losing streak with their powerplay being complete crap and Oates and company were sent back to Washington and French and Mann took back control of the team. The Bears now have won 3 in a row and have looked a lot better so far. I remember telling my dad that it wouldn't matter if we got a powerplay because Oates' PP was horrendous and many fans around us agreed. Hopefully he can do better in Washington because their PP wasn't their strong point when Dale Hunter took over either.

hb11xchamps is offline   Reply With Quote