View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 12:26 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
The man credited a lot of times as the father of the NHLPA Ted Lindsay with some interesting comments.

Per ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/86...layers-lockout

Quote:
"One thing that really has bothered me when I'm reading the paper on all of this is the way they're talking about 'that idiot Bettman', or any of the other stupid adjectives they've used to describe him," said Lindsay, 87. "They and the fans and the media need to realize that Bettman is doing his job and fulfilling his responsibility to the owners, just like (NHLPA executive director) Don (Fehr) is to the players. The players need to respect and understand that. Don't go bad-mouthing Bettman like that."
Quote:
"Every one of these players needs to realize the money they've lost, they will never get back in their lifetime. The front two lines of every team are the big money-earners and they're going to be fine no matter what, but the third- and fourth-liners or the guys like (Hamrlik) at the end of their career, they're going to feel it and I'm sure they are feeling it, so they should speak up."
Quote:
You know what, really at this point it doesn't matter whether it's players or owners or who knows who is right and wrong. The damage they're both doing to hockey right now bothers me so much.
Interesting stuff from a HHOF guy. It is clear he doesn't think both Fehr and Bettman need to be out of the room, but any angle towards respect and love of the game would help.