Old
12-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
Deep down, I figured they'd find some way to blow it. They always do.

Then Game 2 happened and I let myself think it was over. All they had to do was show up for one game in Boston and it was over.
Even when they won game 2, was the weird feeling that we were 2 wins away from the Cup. I remember it felt so surreal, I was so excited but also felt really calm knowing how hard the next two wins would be. After game 5 it really sunk in that we were in the Stanley Cup Finals, odd considering I was in attendance during game 1 but that was the happiest I've ever been.

I'm disappointed at the way things went the way they did, but I think that the riots made that seem less significant. To this day I find the riots one thousand times more disappointing than the loss, and considering I shed public tears (which just doesn't happen to me) you could understand how embarrassed I was to call myself a Vancouverite after that day.

Maybe I was one of the few downtown that day that understood the great privilege we had to watch the game outdoors with such nice weather and how rare that is. Sad to say I don't think we'll ever be able to enjoy that again. If we did, I'd be immensely happy but would wonder where our mayor's head would be at.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote