View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 07:03 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

vCash: 500
Alex Nedeljkovic got another start last night. This was the first time I actually have been able to see him play, and I was impressed. He positioned himself well, and was poised and calm when stopping shots and handling the puck. He left one or two juicy rebounds for his defense to cleanup, but otherwise played a fine game. You can see that he has talent -- certainly more than Mahalak. The only thing he lacks compared with Matt is experience. Hopefully Vellucci will continue to increase his number of starts as the season progresses. If Alex continues to develop, the Whalers may have another option in net for the playoffs. We certainly are not going anywhere with Mahalak between the pipes.

Stefan Noesen returned from injury with a bang, too, scoring two goals. His first goal was a beautiful move and backhand shot.

Tonight against Kitchener is teddy bear toss night. I'd love to see Nedeljkovic in goal again, but I doubt the rookie will get back to back starts, especially against a tough opponent like the Rangers.