Thread: Mike Ribeiro
View Single Post
Old
05-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Well, he already made a fan outta me... So I am hoping he's our #2 center next year. You dont get better trading the younger guys on the squad.
Mikey's best years are still clearly in front of him (some will not attest to this) but as some have been saying he added more elements in his game, and IMO is a legit second line center.

The kid is a pure scoring threat. Why trade Ribs away? People who want him gone have to wipe the slate clean, and look at his most recent performances. I am willing to give him a clean slate next year. If he disappoints in the playoffs once more however... I would say he's done here. The kid is immensely talented, and when we add a scoring threat to his left side... he's going to have that second option again ,and light it up
I saw Mike Ribeiro play in the last 2 months, with more heart than from what I saw from most of the squad (sparing Koivu, Kovalev, and a few others)...And when I see Mike Ribeiro CONSISTENTLY crashing on the boards, and stealing pucks off the 'd'... there's no way he should go anywhere.

As my best friend would say
BONNE COMPLIANO Mikey Ribeiro
Did you notice that his playoff scoring was even worse than the last time? And that his linemate Kovalev scored far better than he did?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote