View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 08:16 AM
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Concerning the level of play in the NLA in general I want to mention that the Swiss top teams have been very competitive in recent years when it came to international tournaments. Our teams are not much worse than teams from SEL or SM-Liiga, so Tavares is not playing in some bush league as some might think. But there is a drop-off in talent in every league and the Blue Jackets also weren't exactly the Flyers or Rangers last season.
Ultimately, it's great that Hans is actually playing hockey and performing well. It's a chance to get accustomed to play on the big ice surface which will help him in Sochi (yes, I think he's a lock for Team Canada). It's just building information in his database which will only lead to good things going forward. I think he's in a great situation over there considering the lockout.

BTW, I loved his assist on the first goal when watching the highlights - springing his linemate for a breakaway. He also has a really underrated backhand. He always has when I think back. It's not Frans' Backhand of Justice, but it's sneaky good.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote