View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

vCash: 500
Well, I'm adding the 1958-1959 & 1959-1960 seasons to the deal I previously talked about. I've also added a few scattered issues the past few days, so as of now Ill own every issue since the beginning of 58-59, with 14 issues missing from between 63-64 to 69-70. And then every issue since 70-71 to present day.

Collecting these aren't cheap, but I consider them far too valuable to pass up on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
I'm fairly jealous dude. One of these days I wanna go down to the Hockey Hall of Fame resource centre in Etobicoke and browse old magazines and their binders of hockey cards but as a student that other stuff is hard to afford. I did however find that my library's site electronically has every THN issue archived going back to 2005, I'm guessing many other libraries with access to the same database have that as well.

Also if you see any cool articles in there then share a few of them here. I put up a couple from Hockey Pictorial in 1955, 3 issues of that floating online in pdf:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...619&highlight=
I'll definitely be sure to post about some cool findings. And I checked out those scans you posted a few days back. Pretty neat stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBlueshistory View Post
I assume from Lee who is liquidating?

He was a great help for me in filling the holes for me. I have all issues from 1966-67 to current. That is my interest from expansion on. I assume you can tell why from user name.

BTW Habsfan. Just saw the issue that you were looking for a long time that I sent you a copy of a while back on ebay.

They do take up a heck of a lot of room
Yeah, they're from Lee. It's crazy to think that in a matter of like 5 years, my collection has grown from every issue since 2000, to every issue since 1990, to 1988, to 1980, to 1977...and now practically every issue since 58-59 except for a few scattered ones. It's pretty crazy when I stop and think about it.

Then I think of the financial aspect of it all....

Last edited by Habsfan18: 12-18-2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: merge
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote