View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
Yzerman and Selšnne is the only two I can think will get in from that list and even Selšnne is a maybe.

Both Yzerman and Selšnne have some notorious seasons that the HHoF couldnt ignore.

I'd like to say yes to Murphy but he was a scapegoat in Toronto which doesnt help him.

Pronger, no. Even with that hart he's not even near Lindros who are stilla maybe. Without his playoff record there is no chance for him.
Murphy would finish in 1995-'96. I don't think he was so much a scapegoat in Toronto until 1996-'97 when they booed him out of town and into the hands of two more Cups (never liked how we did that). So he still has two Cups as a #1 defender and three second team all-stars with some gaudy numbers to go with it that the HHOF might have a hard time ignoring.

No to Pronger huh? Hard to say with him, he'd have played 12 years at that time and we would definitely look at him in a much different light than we do today. Much different.

No one votes Niedermayer yet and I find that a little funny since the media is in love with him as much as anyone else. He's got three Cups, an Olympic gold, a Norris, a 1st and second team all-star, and a World Cup victory. That being said we all know that he really didn't blossom until 2003.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote