Old
12-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Jray's post looks about correct

though, i'd probably think about Gustafsson over Timonen depending on when the draft would be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Gus wouldn't get picked anyway, so it'd be pointless to protect him over Kimmo, unless the team is insanely desperate to shed salary and couldn't trade him for a 5th.
Depending on how UFAs are handled... Kimmo would be one after this season and not the Flyers to protect as I see it... Unsigned agreements with FAs would come into play I believe, so Kimmo could decide to go another season and the Flyers agree to pay him $X.xM which would be hammered out subsequent to the draft. Fedotenko would also be a UFO... Lilas and Leighton also, but why even bother discussing players who are both easily replaceable and most likely won't be selected by a sane GM?

This leaves the Flyers with an extra D-man and Forward on the current roster that would be available to them without using a slot... as well as any other NHL UFAs who would reach verbal agreements with the Flyers -- I suppose they would have to tread lightly and work with their attorneys dealing with any possible potential collusion claims -- In any case, IMO the choice would be which young D-men in the system would not be at risk and which would the Flyers dare not even take a risk on losing.

The young forwards that spent time on the roster such as Wellwood, Rinaldo (who would both be RFAs BTW), etc. would be the players at risk... and I would think that, depending on the number of expansion teams in the mix, the Flyers would lose all their top Farm Forwards... unless the new Organizations are dead set on the present and go for all the veteran NHL dregs available.

That said, IMO, it is hard to argue with the suggested roster with the Kimmo spot addressed.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 12-01-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote