View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 01:58 PM
SoundAndFury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciiauzii View Post
With Brassard, Schremp, Dorsett, Auld, Scalzo, Levebre, Vanek, Nodl, Grabner, Myers, Cogliano, Gagner, Lundmark, Spurgeon, Jeffrey, Mursak, Bickell...on their Leauge...I would say that few teams there could compete with KHL teams. So not that bad.
No they couldn't.

1. Decent Allsvenskan scorers or point-per-game ECHL players are stars in the EBEL. They could hardly find a place for themselves in any KHL team even if there wouldn't be foreigner limit.

2. While EBEL has your mentioned players half of them simply came back to play at home and will be gone as soon as the lockout is over (Grabner, Vanek, Nodl, Mursak, etc.). Few Canadian NHL'ers chose to play in EBEL but they are mostly role players with exception of Gagner and Myers. Some guys on your list (Schremp, Lundmark) failed to prove they are valuable KHL players. And regarding few of these players it's hard to find a reason why you included them in this list at all. For example Auld is backup for a 19 year old Slovenian kid whom I've never seen and can't even remember his name.

At the same time Allsvenskan has few bona fide NHL stars like Kopitar and Bobby Ryan and bunch of solid NHL'ers like Landeskog, Matt Read, Cam Fowler, Grossman, Butler, Hagelin (not anymore though), Berglund, Backlund, Hornqvist, Murray and I'm positive I forgot few others. Does that mean Allsvenskan is on par with KHL?

3. Best/wealthiest EBEL teams (Medvescak, Salzburg) would be mediocore/competitive Allsvenskan teams. Could such team play in the KHL?

4. Hungarian NT is basically Sapa Fehervar minus 1st line (NA imports) plus Bartalis, Janos Hari and few other guys. They are solid EBEL team, currently in the fourth place of the standings. Hungary lost qualifiers to the Olympics to the Netherlands while playing at home. Could you imagine KHL team losing a game of such importance to the freakin Netherlands?

In conclusion, level of EBEL is a lot closer to VHL than the KHL although the style of the game is different. EBEL teams would surely be dead ducks in the KHL. Frankly I think they would finish with no more than 20 points.