View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 02:02 PM
blinkman360
Norris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Outside of G. Reinhart, Marincin is better than any D the Islanders have in their system. Talk about setting the bar low. You think the guys below is a group that's top 5 worthy. Get real dude!

1. Griffin Reinhart CHL 8.0 C
2. Matt Donovan Pro 7.0 B
3. Ville Pokka Europe 7.0 C
4. Scott Mayfield NCAA 7.0 C
5. Calvin de Haan Pro 7.0 C
6. Brenden Kichton CHL 7.0 D
7. Aaron Ness Pro 7.0 D
8. Andrey Pedan CHL 7.0 D
9. Adam Pelech CHL 7.0 D
First of all I wasn't comparing the Isles prospects to the Oilers prospects. I said it's a joke to consider Marincin a "high-end" prospect, which it is. IMO, high-end prospects are 1st line/1st pairing guys. Marincin projects more as a 2nd pairing defenseman. If you consider that high-end, then I suppose you're right.

As far as the Isles go, yeah, I'd consider them to be top-5 or at least close to it. Reinhart is an elite prospect. Donovan, deHaan and Mayfield all have #2-4 potential, and all have had success to this point since being drafted. Kichton has been over a PPG player for the last 3 years and will probably end up being a 3rd pairing, PP QB at the NHL level. Pedan has excelled since being drafted and is widely considered to be a future 2nd-pairing defenseman by a lot of people. Pelech is another guy who has dominated since being drafted and looks to be a future shut-down NHL defenseman. I honestly don't know much about Pokka, but considering he was a borderline 1st rounder a few months ago I'd say he at least has pretty good upside.

Personally, I think Donovan, deHaan and Mayfield are all better prospects than Marincin. However, even if they aren't, the sheer depth of the Isles system defensively makes them a top-5 team(or like I said, close to it) in this category.

BTW, just wondering, are you basing your opinion on the HF grades of these prospects or have you actually watched any of them play?

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote