View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 03:16 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
We get it, you don't think the owners are completely at fault.

Despite how much I don't like Milbury, the article posted by RB in the last thread is pretty on point. The owners still are at fault. THEY drove up the market values of players. The offer sheets and overpayment of second tier players. That is on THEM. The players are no saints but the owners didn't have to do certain things that they did. Kevin Lowe with the ridiculous offer sheets forced the hand of other owners. We saw Ed Snider do it to Nashville this past summer. Then you have Craig Leopold hand out not one, but TWO massive contracts...knowing he would try and get out from underneath them. There shouldn't be second chances or safety nets or redo's. You handed out those contracts now honor them. I agree there should be a 50/50 split for the game to be more stable and healthy longterm. But what's fair is fair, you handout those contracts now honor them.
Milbury was on NBC Sports with Keith Jones. BC-BU game. Milbury was the Isles GM when the CBA was negotiated and during the first year of the CBA. The tools were there for the NHL teams but they ignored them. They had a cap. Milbury said the owners created the mess. I was surprised. Usually he goes after the players or the agents or the PA.