Old
12-01-2012, 02:40 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Sabres players not interested in meeting owners

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sab...eeting-owners/

Quote:
“I’m not going to be there,” defenseman Jordan Leopold, the Sabres’ union representative, said after skating inside the Northtown Center. “I don’t want any part of it.”

He added: “I think it’s funny we have Don Fehr on our side. After two years, he seems to get under the owners’ skin. They want to remove one for one. I don’t know where this will lead us. It’s an interesting concept.”

Sabres winger Thomas Vanek said the potential meeting’s a PR sham.

“I don’t know what that would help,” Vanek said. “They have a guy in place in Gary. They pay him. We have a guy in place in Don. That should be good enough. I think just another PR stunt to show that they’re trying to do anything.

“But once it really comes down to (it), it’s just a lack of respect (for) our contracting rights and stuff. It’s beyond me that they’re even talking about that stuff.”

Sabres captain Jason Pominville, who’s leaving to play with the DEL’s Mannheim Eagles in Germany, doesn’t like the idea much, although he’d try it.

“Gary’s been there for 18 years,” Pominville said. “Now we have Don who’s a solid representative. He knows what he’s doing, and we’ve worked hard to get him to where we’re at now. I mean, why would we want to meet without him there?

“I’m not totally for it. But if it can help, might as well try it. But I don’t know if it’s the best way to do it.”