View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 02:52 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
If you want to know what a league that is thin on talent REALLY looks like, look at the NHL. There's little actual value to be had for a clever GM because there's little talent waiting in the wings for a shot. Everyone that can play at the NBA level pretty much already is. Contrast that with the NHL, where you can usually delve into the bargain bin for players who had never been given a shot, with at least some success, and occasionally overwhelming success (ref: Thomas, Tim) and tell me which one should be even dreaming of contracting.

BTW nice potshot at the Phoenix market. The Suns may be struggling at the moment but they're one of the better franchises in the NBA, their long term viability is not in question, neither is Phoenix's ability to support a competently run sports team.
Since I'm the original poster, I have to guess this comment is directed at me. I'm not taking a potshot at any market. I'm just observing that sports franchises periodically have challenges filling the seats, regardless of which sport.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote