Thread: Prospect Info: Official Penguins Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
12-01-2012, 04:13 PM
bigd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
I don't know why you'd ever waste a pick on a goal tender in today's market. Lots of proven NHL talent available at reasonable prices IMO. Picked up Zatkoff for free.

Pens need talented, possession based forwards. Lots. "Role players" are just players that don't really pan out, but find a niche. I wouldn't be drafting them on purpose. They are kind of like usable scraps that you always have left over. Kunitz, Dupers, and Cooke aren't getting any younger. Pens really only have about 2 candidates in Bennett / Tangradi that look to be in line to make it to the NHL to replace those 3. I still think both will be 2nd/3rd line players. Pens would still need that other top 6 forward (who should've been picked at #8 this year).

Pens might get 2 decent NHL Dmen out of their current crop. I just hope that they are the ones that the Pen's decide to keep. I have been very disappoint in Morrow's play so far in the AHL, and he is supposed to be our best prospect.

I still hold hope that Scuds could make a return as an UFA
There's nothing wrong with Morrows play that more ice time in the AHL won't fix. He's a great talent but right now he's not one of the top 6 in WBS. When the NHL returns he will move into a top 6 role after a couple D-men, Strait & Bortuzzo, move up or out. There's absolutely no reason to rush him as he's at least two years away from making an impact on the big club. I've watched almost every WBS game and all the D-men have had good and bad games. On a nightly basis the league is much tougher than past years because of the lock out. There's a lot more NHL talent on every team.